on friday may 24th 2013 from 12pm to 04am @ longstreet bar, langstrasse 92, 8004 zürich
- BAUMEISTER - GUYUS guyus & new.com sind als veranstalter der partyreihe dubexmachina und als djs an zahllosen partynächten und radiosendungen seit einigen jahren viel unterwegs. ihre musikalische reise führte sie von dubstep hin zu bass music, über grime zu house, zurück zu den roots im dub und wieder mitten hinein in die aktuellen strömungen heutiger produktionen.
der monatliche abend "dxm flipsides" in der longstreet bar stellt genau diese vielfalt in den mittelpunkt: die dxm-djs und ihre gäste graben vergessene platten aus, präsentieren neue entdeckungen und bringen sounds aus den unterschiedlichsten ecken zusammen.
an der mai-ausgabe zu gast ist der junge produzent und dj baumeister, der mit seinen hochstehenden und originellen produktionen begeistert und als dj mit einer erfrischenden track-auswahl irgendwo zwischen hiphop, triphop, bass und footwork überzeugt.
- from rocksteady to bass music over 2h/40m/57s - by lil'ziska & r-kive (dubtings; nuremberg, ger) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - live streamed outta tree park studio on friday may 10th 2013 over livebeats - w/ special guest oibel1 (streetartist; zh) → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
in this show we finally
welcome lil’ziska & r-kive (dubtings; nuremberg, ger)! they
form a congenial team by curating the gorgeous dubtings series at k4 in nuremberg,
where the dxm soundsystem recently spent one of their most frolic nights ever. lil’ziska
is an expert for rocksteady, ska and early reggae-dub; each time responsible for
opening up the dubtings-crowd. r-kive's (soundcloud) turn comes later. he’s a most authentic and
reliable campaigner in the matter of heavier basslines, currently enjoying a
second career as dj and radio host. deep-rooted in drum’n’bass and basically techno informed,
there’s no surprise that he’s playing around with contemporary productions in
the field of dubstep and bass music with perfect ease. we’re nothing than happy
to present the true dubtings-spirit in 040-0513! - during this show, streetartist oibel1 (zürich - blog, facebook) will perform live on the walls of tree park studio! (sry, this videorecording is blocked in some countries due to copyright issues - you probably can avoid this restriction by using the unblocker addon)
- obscure/dubtechno/deephouse over 2h/33m/31s - by dj alæ (neighborhoodstunts; basel) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - live streamed outta tree park studio on friday april 19th 2013 over livebeats - w/ special guest sierpinski stvan triangle (streetartist; zürich) → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
dj alæ (neighborhood stunts; basel - soundcloud) belongs to the highly active players in the cultural sector of basel.
besides djing he's in graphic design, hosting radio shows on the local
& independent station radio x and runs a podcast series called neighborhood stunts. coming from hiphop & breakbeats, dj alæ finally fell in love with house & techno. no matter what sound he promotes, the sound carrier of choice is strictly vinyl. his dj-sets therefore transport a particular awareness of quality that we share: welcome to the comfortnoise podcast! - in this show we as well welcome the streetartist sierpinski stvan triangle (zürich - facebook) who paints live on the walls of our tree park studio!
watch how sierpinski stvan trinangle's painting arises while dj alæ & new.com are spinning:
on friday april 19th 2013 from 12pm to 04am @ longstreet bar, langstrasse 92, 8004 zürich.
- DXM SOUNDSYSTEM: djs guyus & new.com (dubexmachina, comfortnoise; zürich) das aus guyus & new.com bestehende dj- und veranstalter-duo holt mit ihrer partyreihe dubexmachina seit 2007 die protagonisten der dubstep- und bassmusik-szene nach zürich. als djs sind die beiden mindestens genauso umtriebig, mit zahllosen gigs und radiosendungen quer durch die schweiz und einigen abstechern ins ausland.
ihre musikalische reise führte sie von dubstep hin zu bass music, über grime zu house, zurück zu den roots im dub und wieder mitten hinein in die aktuellen strömungen heutiger produktionen. der monatliche abend "dxm flipsides" in der longstreet bar stellt genau diese vielfalt in den mittelpunkt: die dxm-djs und ihre gäste graben vergessene platten aus, präsentieren neue entdeckungen und bringen sounds aus den unterschiedlichsten ecken zusammen.
ersten ausgabe in bern kommt die vibes station nach zürich und verwandelt den
klubi in eine chillout-zone. 5 djs aus unterschiedlichsten musikalischen ecken
graben jene platten aus, die den club sonst noch nie von innen gesehen haben.
irgendwo zwischen ambient, dub, drone, electronica, dub-techno, schwebenden
beats & space sounds entsteht eine äusserst gemütliche störung des
raum-zeit kontinuums die zum verweilen einlädt, egal ob sitzend oder tanzend.
- dub'n'bass over 2h/34m/39s - by orson (version, studio 111a; düsseldorf) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich) - live streamed outta tree park studio on friday march 22nd 2013 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
studio 111a düsseldorf meets tree park studio zürich! our good friend orson (studio 111a; düsseldorf - facebook, soundcloud) is coming over to dub out another session with us (see 017-0311)! orson is running an own label called version with up to date three awesome releases. as a dj,
orson is remarkably versatile: enjoy his rootsy vibes, solid basslines and deep
grooves. - both orson & new.com will continue the same night @ dxm flipsides(longstreet bar, zürich) from 00 to 04am!
watch orson & new.com dribbling the 7 inches (sry, this
videorecording is blocked in some countries due to copyright issues -
you probably can avoid this restriction by using the unblocker addon):
after a successful first edition (thank you shoudelistix!), it's time for the second installment of DXM FLIPSIDES, this time featuring our good friendORSON from version/studio 111a, düsseldorf. both orson & new.com will hang out right before (from 8 to 10.30pm) @ tree park studio to produce the COMFORTNOISE PODCAST 038-0313. this show will be video live streamed over livebeats - a perfect setup to drift into the right mood!
on friday february 22nd 2013 from 12pm to 04am @ longstreet bar, langstrasse 92, 8004 zürich
DXM FLIPSIDES is our current monthly slot at longstreet bar: a meeting point in an amicable environment that makes us spinning the gems of our record bags and spending a good time among friends. see you soon!
lineup on february 22nd: - SHOUDELISTIX (life bricks; st. gallen) - GUYUS (dubexmachina; zürich)
- lo-fi dub over 2h/45m/09s - by d_u_bioslive (tree park; zh) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - w/ special guest robi the dog (streetartist; zh) - live streamed outta tree park studio on friday february 1st 2013 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
greg aka d_u_bios (tree park; zh) is a music
lover that over many years almost clandestinely has been working on his own
dub-based sounds. it's therefore an exquisite moment to welcome him in 037-0213 to present his live
performance! besides his passion for dub and dubtechno, greg is part of
comfortnoise as initiator of the famous tree park studio, curator of
the streetart part in our podcasts and last but not least an indispensable technical
wizard. see comfortnoise podcast 016-011 to warm up for this one! - during this show, the incognito streetartist robi the dog (zh) will work on the walls of our studio:
- house | techno || dub over 2h/41m/11s - by luki (lovestream; zürich) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh)
- w/ special guests snyr & osrok (streetartists; zürich) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on friday january 18th 2013 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
as a dj, producer, radio host and
promoter, luki (lovestream; zürich) approaches electronic music in a flamboyant earnest
manner. different than lots of his colleagues, he perfectly knows how to
concentrate his skills and energy on the spot. in this show he's showing us his conception of how current electronic music, club culture and modern information technology (should) fit together. we're once again featuring different artists that match their skills into a unique audio-visual experience: on one side we have luki & new.com dj-ing for comfortnoise podcast while on the other side the painters/streetartists snyr & osrok (zürich) are in the very same moment shaping the walls of our studio.
- dub/ukhouse/deepdubhouse/acidictechno over 2h/45m/31s - w/ special guest elf (streetartist; zürich) - by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on friday december 14th 2012 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
welcome to the next step at tree park studio! today we present a special guest who is a streetartist: elf (zürich; facebook). while elf is creating her painting right on the wall of our studio, new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) presents music that is concerning him beside the dxm sounds (see 034-1112):
bass driven house music and slightly acidic techno. once again we're
taking you on an extraordinary audiovisual journey - don't miss to join
and chat with us directly on livebeats!
- bass music in da true dxm style over 2h/32m/50s - by dxm soundsystem (aka guyus & new.com from dubexmachina; zürich/switzerland) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on friday november 23rd 2012 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
starting with p45 radio july-08-show, and doing 008-0510 as well as 023-0911, the sound of dxm soundsystem (aka djs guyus & new.com; dubexmachina, zürich/switzerland) underwent quite some changes. this is not least the effect of 5 years of promoting and clubbing with dubexmachina: so many good friends, interesting artists, mindblowing records, and controversial discussions about the evolution music and club culture! this show presents what we currently carry around in our record bags: we call it bass music, and we love it!
additionally this show opens a new era for comfortnoise podcast. for the first time we're streaming from tree park studio, zürich/switzerland. witness from now the development of our own studio: it's all about the highest achievable sound quality, the trailblazing streaming technoloy of livebeats, and of course: a perfectly matching visual appearance in a pleasant surrounding for our guests and friends!
- detroit influenced electronic music over 2h/40m/42s - w/ garçon (traxx up!; basel) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich) - video live streamed on friday october 26th 2012 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf)
- electropical music over 2h/35m/04s - by tillup (motherland, tropical continent; zh) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich) - video live streamed on friday september 21st 2012 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf)
radio live stream on thursday september 6th 2012 from 8 to 12pm @ radio stadtfilter, winterthur for robots and humans hosted by santstrahl (styptic, shift&tab); check on fb - 8-10pm: HEPP (hula honeys, spezialmaterial; zürich) - 10-12pm: DXM SOUNDSYSTEM (guyus & new.com; dubexmachina, comfortnoise; zürich)
- wonky, abstract, beats, drums & basses over 2h/31m/54s - by dj shoudelistix (st. gallen/switzerland) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich) - video live streamed on friday july 20th 2012 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf)
dj shoudelistix (soundcloud, facebook, mixcloud; st. gallen/switzerland) went through drum'n'bass, hiphop and digital mixing until he (re-)discovered his passion for abstract, instrumental hiphop and vinyl. of course, we always gladly promote vinyl - but in fact never had particularly this sound in our show. therefore we are as happy as greedy to welcome dj shoudelistix. he comes with a heavy heavy bag full of acoustic pearls, profound scratching skills and naturally a well formed sense for correct basses. whatever kind of story he will tell us, we're ready!
- electronic deepness over 2h/41m/34s - by manuell maschinell (zürich) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich) - video live streamed on friday june 15th 2012 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf - according to the mp3-file)
manuell maschinell (blog, soundcloud; zh) is an unusually busy dj and electronic music lover, playing mostly in clubs in zürich and berlin. after delivering 65 “monday-mixes” with chillout, electronica and techno from 2009 to 2010, he’s now co-hosting the show “active beats” on radio stadtfilter (on air & internet). as a convinced traktor-dj, manuel explores what is possible by means of modern technology. he appreciates the possibilities of realtime sampling, looping, tinkering, layering and filtering - thereby creating his own plot lines or even his own music. like with all our guests, we’re giving him completely free hands musical-wise and are curious where his own music (or technology?) will take him!
here's the entire videostream of comfortnoise podcast 030-0612:
thank you rob/pinch, tom/peverelist, phrex/juan, reto/neevo, tobias/cats disko, all friends of dxm & club cabaret for this unforgettable night: such a brilliant get-together, so many mind blowing rhythmical patterns!
- visualized techno/bass/house over 2h/40m/43s - visuals by vj inxile (vj union australia; melbourne/australia) - sounds by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich) - video live streamed on friday may 11th 2012 over livebeats → MUSIC: full timecoded playlist (pdf) → VIDEO: full timecoded playlist (pdf)& youtube link comfortnoise features for the first time a video jockey that illustrates one of our podcasts: vj inxile (vj union australia, blogspot, facebook_1, facebook_2; melbourne/australia) is into the visual business since years and looks back on a long row of varied artistic events and collaborations. having her roots in switzerland, she currently lives and works in melbourne where she decisively pursuits the formation of the australien vj scene. during her stay in europe this spring/summer, she vjs at several events and attends a worldwide vj conference in rome. simply gorgeous that she joins us at livebeats’ studio in order to live-perform her art while new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich/switzerland) is playing a dj set in 029-0512! it’s going to be a uniquely visualized travel into bottom rock techno, bass music and deep house.
here's the entire videostream of comfortnoise podcast 029-0512 including a detailed playlist:
- bass music over 2h/55m/05s - by nik! (hula honeys; zürich) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich) - video live streamed on friday april 13th 2012 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf)
nik! (hula honeys; zh – soundcloud, discogs) has found his very own style in electronic music. as dj and producer he loves to deal with heavy basslines by oscillating between tradition and innovation, crossing the vast fields of bass music, d’n’b, hiphop and reggae, back and forth. together with his mates soult and random bit generator he runs the label "hula honeys". their releases never serve actual trends but provide tracks that you have to discover and love by yourself. you meet nik! on all kind of national and international stages. what he actually favours are the secret places where people trustfully open their ears to the over and over astonishing blends that he performs. the same we do in comfortnoise podcast 028-0412.
- juke & bass music over 2h/38m/02s - by hood regulators (global ghetto anthems, korsett; luzern) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - video live streamed on friday march 2nd over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf)
on saturday january 21st 2012 @ palace (st. gallen)
DAS KONZERT MIT SHACKLETON MUSS AUS GESUNDHEITLICHEN GRÜNDEN LEIDER ABGESAGT UND IN DEN FRÜHLING VERSCHOBEN WERDEN. - GETANZT WERDEN KANN TROTZDEM, MIT DEM DUBEXMACHINA SOUNDSYSTEM: NACHTBAR, AB 22 UHR, EINTRITT 5 FRANKEN.