- deeper houss music over 2h/49m/03s in a collaboration w/ zweikommasieben magazin (luzern) - by guy joshua (zweikommasieben; luzern), simian keiser & marc d'arrigo (schall & rauch; berlin/zürich) - hosted by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zürich) - video live streamed on saturday july 12th, 2014 over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link
this show is a special event, because we're streaming inside a collaboration with our good friends from the zweikommasieben magazin - live from a cozy living room in the middle zürich! the printed & now bi-lingual (e/ger) swiss zweikommasieben magazin is devoted to the documentation of contemporary club culture since summer 2011. it features artist interviews, essays & columns as well as photography, illustration & graphics. additionally, the collective of friends behind this project organizes infamous concerts, club nights, mantinees and other fun events. the sounds of this show are delivered by the dj-duo simian keiser & marc d'arrigo from schall & rauch (berlin/zürich - soundcloud, tumblr) and guy joshua (zweikommasieben; luzern). these tree artists are closely connected to the zweikommasieben magazin: not only as djs but also as authors, photographers & interviewees.
we're indeed happy to return to klub kegelbahn after a couple of thrilling dub/roots/digital gigs lately - but pay attention: this time we gonna do it inna di true #BOLD styleee, what means by delivering severely bass heavy techno oriented grooves all night long. it's nothing than brilliant to do this with our good friend gaspard de la montagne from creaked records, coming down from la chaux-de-fonds!
- GASPARD DE LA MONTAGNE (creaked rec.; la chaux-de-fonds) - NEW.COM (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zürich)
on saturday june 14th, 2014 from 4 to 10pm @ museum bärengasse, bärengasse 22, zürich
"vor der hour" is the release ceremony of the wicked printed, bilingual (ger/e) issue #9 of the zweikommasieben magazine: an unlikely & lucky combination of people, art, food, clubculture, beer, philosophy & music.
mainfloor: - DIGITAL MYSTIKZ; mala & coki (dmz; london) - mc sun of selah (london) - bit-tuner (hula honeys; zürich) - guyus (dubexmachina; zürich) - tomorrow is today all stars (tit; neuchâtel/bienne)
queen kong club: - OPTIMO (rinse fm; london) - ludovic b (b comme; neuchâtel)
- advanced dubwise electronic music over 2h/45m/51s - by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zürich) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on friday may 16th, 2014 over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link tree park studio has to be cleared by end of may 2014. as we explained in our threepart interview for zweikommasieben magazine, its adress was from november 2012 a preliminary opportunity to join all kind of artists in a building with - believe it or not - 120 rooms! our beloved studio pretty quickly turned out to be a thrilling radio station, perfect production & mixing space, ideal meeting point, confidential chat room & calm workspace in one. we're especially proud of the eight large illustrations on the walls that have been developed offhand by local streetartists during the two and a half hour productions of our video live streamed podcasts: elf (035-1212), snyr & osrok (036-0113), robi the dog (037-0213), sierpinski stvan triangle (039-0413), oibel1 (040-0513), tofu (042-0713), brainfart (043-0813) & upholsterer greg (041-0613 & 044-0913)! good luck that these happenings are well documented, because the paintings will vanish now... looking back on so many extraordinary exciting collaborations with in-house friends as well as guests - producers, djs, visual- & streetartists - we want to give our thanks to all who joined, including these brilliant guys who made "kirche 248" real: lukas, lorenzo & raffael! - in 051-0514, new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zh) is enjoying tree park studio for the very last time by displaying a large variety of well elaborated basslines in the fields of dub, drone, techno, bass music, foundation dubstep & even drum'n'bass.
- eclectic electronic music over 3h/28m/23s - it's the 50. edition featuring d_u_bious (live), lil'ziska, guyus, crazeebo, dj populist, taiken, xeed, dave eleanor, r-kive, luki, marc d'arrigo, marc schwegler, nik! & uhuruku - hosted by luki (luki music, lovestream; zh) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zh) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on sunday april 6th, 2014 over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link
forty-nine editions of comfortnoise podcast means four and a half years of producing monthly radio shows with altogether 53 amiable guests that are either djs, producers or streetartists. in the fiftieth broadcast, luki (luki music, lovestream; zh) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zh) look back and forth by assembling selections of tracks that are all contributed by former guests: d_u_bious live (016-0111, 037-0213), lil'ziska (040-0513), guyus (008-0510, 023-0911, 034-1112), crazeebo (018-0411), dj populist (012-0910, 020-0611), taiken (043-0813), xeed (003-1209, 046-1113), dave eleanor (048-0214), r-kive (040-0513), luki (036-0113), marc d'arrigo (022-0811), marc schwegler (027-0312), nik! (028-0412) & uhuruku (044-0913). each of them arrives in the now fully colored tree park studio with three tracks of his or her choice. no. 50 is simply about good music & friendship, fun & chaos ...well, and a little bit of improvisation!
- from drone through techno to house over 2h/32m/00s - by heiko (ir/or, bern) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zh) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on saturday march 1st, 2014 over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link
hailing from the swiss capital berne, heiko (ir/or; bern - soundcloud) got involved with its lively underground culture scene a couple of years ago. together with his friend jeremias, he's currently running the ir/or event label. we are appreciatively conntected to him through one of the most crowded and delicate event we were ever part of: the as legendary as wicked tdf 2013, where the splendid dubtopia crew contributed one of the most powerful and consistent trucks. heiko's musical interests cover the intersection of rough techno and house, leaning towards leftfield, up tempo and percussion: obviously a perfect fit for comfortnoise podcast. welcome!
- bass music & foundation dubstep over 2h/31m/07s - by dave eleanor (subtrakt; zh) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zh) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on sunday february 2nd, 2014 over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link
dave eleanor (subtrakt; zh - home, facebook) is an upcoming young producer with already 3 releases and a fistful of remixes. he is part of a younger generation of producers who are free of fears of contact with diverse styles and production techniques; for instance by also working with their own voice. especially his last release, the free downloadable “dangerous ep” on the swiss netlabel “subtrakt”, gives a nice proof of his skills and originality. dave’s background obviously lies in uk bass, but also german electronic music and – of course – dub play an important role. in 048-0214, dave presents a couple of his tracks, framed by sounds that indicate his most significant musical references.
- techno-bass over 2h/31m/45s - by gaspard de la montagne (creaked rec.; la chaux-de-fonds) & new.com (comfortnoise, dxm; zh) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on sunday january 19th, 2014 over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link
gaspard de la montagne (creaked rec.; la chaux-de-fonds - home, soundcloud) is the producer of the much-loved and everything else than run-of-the-mill "pôle ep", released on creaked records. his provenance lies in bass music, but currently he's much more leaning towards techno. this implies that his sounds are deeply bass informed and versatile. as his name indicates, gaspard is coming down from high-lying grounds: we're curious what he tells us about the life of a dj and producer in the francophone, watchmaking metropolis la chaux-de-fonds. ...techno(logy) rules, we suppose!
- new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zürich) ...playing from midnight a 3 hour set of rock steady, roots, rub-a-dub, digidub & dancehall - martin meier (korsett kollektiv, luzern) ...playing out his stunning techno records
on saturday january 5th, 2013 from 11pm @ klubi, zürich
- dave eleanor - live (subtrakt; zürich) - nik! (hula honeys; zürich) - guyus (dubexmachina; zürich) - visuals by pixelpunx (zürich)
wir taufen ein bisschen verspätet die im november erschienene "dangerous EP" von dave eleanor. wie schon auf der vorhergehenden veröffentlichung "wait.ep" & "wake.ep" sickern einflüsse wie nicolas jaar oder james blake zwar durch, sind aber durch den vielfältigen stil des zürcher produzenten nur ein prozentteil des gesamtklangs. neben geradem techno-flair sind gebrochene beats und langsamere tempi wichtige eckpfeiler der EP. die "dangerous EP" ist seit dem 19. november 2013 über das kollektiv/CH-label subtrakt gratis zum download verfügbar.
„if your chest ain’t rattlin’ – it ain’t happenin’!“ das hat rob aka pinch im jahr 2006 gesagt – und er ist diesem motto bis heute treu geblieben! auf seinem label tectonic veröffentlicht er seit 2005 wegweisende musik, die zunächst den namen „dubstep“ trug und inzwischen als „bass music“ gehandelt wird. als produzent hat er auf praktisch allen relevanten labels selbst grossartige tracks beigesteuert: planet mu, soul jazz, deep medi, swamp81 und so weiter. seine kollaborationen mit shackleton, loefah, sherwood und scientist zeugen von einer ungewöhnlichen vielseitigkeit. sie prägt auch seine enorm druckvollen und immer wieder überraschenden dj-sets. wir haben rob schon zweimal in zürich begrüssen können, und beide male waren es ausserordentliche anlässe: musikalisch, wie persönlich. unvergessen bleibt, wie er uns seine dubplates aushändigte, weil er sie unbedingt hören wollte, sich aber in der fortgeschrittenen nacht nicht mehr in der lage sah, sie selbst aufzulegen! und nicht zufällig nahmen wir während seines sets dieses legendäre video auf, welches so viele schöne erinnerungen weckt. – auch im komplex klub mit pinch, taiken, d/ruffnik, jacques horn und dem dxm soundsystem (aka guyus & new.com) wird gelten: „if your chest ain't rattlin‘…“
on saturday december 7th, 2013 from 10pm @ klubi, wasserwerkstr. 89a, zürich
celebrate with us the 10th birthday of comfortnoise! >>> doors 10pm - entry chf 5 - subscribe on fb here
Comfortnoise [advanced dubwise electronic music since 10 years | Zürich] Comfortnoise ist ein Internet-Radio-Format aus Zürich. Live werden monatlich aus dem schönen Tree Park Studio im Zürcher Seefeld via Videostream ein Abend lang Dub-, Techno-, House-, Bass- sowie Dubstep-Vibes in allen möglichen Varianten in die Welt hinaus geschickt. Nun feiert Comfortnoise sein zehnjähriges Bestehen – unter anderem mit einem 3-teiligen Interview im Zweikommasieben Magazin.
Eli Verveine [Tardis Records | Zürich] Die Produzentin Eli Verveine ist eine Spezialistin für Mixtapes mit einem unglaublichen Flow. Obschon sie als Dj zurzeit rund um den Globus unterwegs ist, bleibt sie zum 10. Geburtstag von Comfortnoise in ihrer Heimatstadt, um im dafür perfekten Lebensraum des Klubi eines ihrer langen, unwiderstehlich subtilen, dubbig technoiden Sets zu spielen.
- dubtechno +++ over 2h/42m/46s - by comfortnoise ploy (djs xeed & new.com, mc iyah ranx & echo master rjega; zürich) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on sunday november 24th, 2013 over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link
comfortnoise ploy plays out what comfortnoise passionately pursues since ten years: bass, drum & time. echo, reverb & space. loops, patterns & decoration. 7", 10" & 12". strength, warmth & muddiness. berlin, kingston & the marquesas. prince jammy, king tubby & queen pomaré. ishmael, queequeg & ahab. kea, etua & matahoata. – comfortnoise ploy is sonic carpet weaving with two turntables, a microphone & a roland space echo re-201: ardently operated by djs xeed & new.com, mc iyah ranx & echo master rjega. join the flow!
>>> join us @ klubi alongside eli verveine (tardis records; zh) on saturday december 7th, 2013!
on saturday november 16th, 2013 from 11pm @ komplex klub, hohlstrasse 457, 8048 zürich
the lineup of the second episode: - MARTYN live (brainfeeder, 3024; washington) - KOWTON (livity sound, idle hands; bristol) - MARC D'ARRIGO (zweikommasieben; zürich) - GUYUS (dubexmachina, bold; zürich)
- chicago house: from disco to footwork over 2h/35m/43s - by discarga vs (duck n'cover; biel) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on sunday october 5th 2013over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link
when discarga vs (duck n'cover; biel) shows up, it’s all about heavy engines, energy and speed. vs stands for vinyl spinner, preferably using a pair of reloop rp6000 turntables, because they cover a pitch range of +/- 50%! as producer, dj and label operator he long time ago found a home in chicago house, but then left it, as he missed the spirit of adventure in the scene. more than 10 years later he comes back after discovering footwork and with it his beloved chicago madness. together with his good friend kabra mixdown he is now running the footwork label “duck n’ cover recordings” which just released a celebrated ep by the on-site producer eq why. for comfortnoise podcast, discarga vs drafts his personal version of the history of chicago house: over 30 years from 1983 to 2013 - from disco to footwork!
watch the videorecording of this show from approx. minute 36 to minute 151:
- from rocksteady into cranky electronic over 2h/45m/27s - by uhuruku (zh) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - w/ special performance by upholsterer greg (zh) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on sunday september 15th 2013over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link
with uhuruku (zürich – blog, secret thirteen)
we have an as original as unpredictable music lover, dj & producer in our show. his background includes dj krush, king tubby, the doors, sun ra, cypress hill, bob marley, pink floyd & miles davis …as well as studies in ommunication, film, social and economic history. moreover, he declares the good old cassette tape to his preferred sound carrier! as he recently explained that his ideal listeners should be able to keep their eyes and ears wide open and find “beauty in a sea of ugliness”, we’re nothing than nosey how his obscure, cranky sounds from the fields of techno & house will smell! – new.com’s warm-up seamlessly shifts from rocksteady to dub into digi-dub
& early dancehall, while greg in the background prepares to
upholster the wall of our studio with the photographed vinyls from recent
- foundation dubstep over 2h/37m/25s - by taiken (tengu collective; st. gallen) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - w/ special guest brainfart (streetartist; zh) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on friday august 23rd 2013over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link taiken (tengu collective; st. gallen - blog, soundcloud, facebook) is a dj, producer and soundsystem operator who shows us his personal gems in the realm of vintage dub and advanced dubstep. in order to properly evolve his trademarks bass, drums, space, roots & future, he founded the "tengu collective". this crew of skilled enthusiasts domiciled in st. gallen built the highly praised "tengu soundsystem" (pdf-info, in german): it's two bulky towers of powerful, bass-heavy loudspeakers that can be assembled either on out- or indoor dancefloors and guarantee a sonic experience that is quite unparalleled. actually, one day after this show, this soundsystem can be witnessed at zürich's first dubtopia edition, within a collaboration among the tengu collective, dubexmachina and our much-loved bernese dubtopia-friends phrex & cutkachi! - again, we welcome a streetartist that paints live on the walls of our tree park studio during this show: it's no one else than brainfart from zürich!
we apologize for a couple of dropouts in the audio-track at the beginning of the videorecording. additionally, we're sorry that youtube blocked this video in some undisclosed countries because of copyright issues.
from friday august 9th until sunday, august 11th @ rote fabrik, zürich
the lethargy festival is preparing for its 20th installment next weekend, once again with a very diverse and refreshing lineup. our picks: ital tek, kelpe, phon.o, nathan fake, jimi tenor, ink! & shoudelistix, just to name a few...
- bassline variance over 2h/38m/21s - by dubdave (biel/bienne) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - w/ special guest tofu (streetartist) - live streamed outta tree park studio on friday july 5th 2013 over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link
dubdave (biel/bienne - soundcloud, facebook) is djing & producing since a long long time. his homeland
is the bilingual & multicultural small town biel/bienne, where a lot of prolific
producers, djs, promoters live. dave is part of the hiphop combo selladoor (soundcloud, facebook)
producing the somewhat obscure "backpacker hiphop". albeit he is coming
from hiphop, he has a most solid anchor in dubstep and contemporary
bass music, playing countless sets on many different occasions in the
past years. be prepared for an as eclectic as wise selection of dope
basslines! - streetartist tofu paints live on the walls of our tree park studio during this show!
- tropical & soulful house over 2h/44m/56s - by rumory (beatpirates, tropical continent; zh) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - with special visual performance by greg (tree park; zh) - live streamed outta tree park studio on friday june 7th 2013 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
rumory (beatpirates, tropical continent; zh) is an unusually wide experienced swiss dj that presents us his blend of caribbean clubsounds and soulful house. he's part of the famous beatpirates (see 025-1111) as well as lethargy crew and runs a monthly broadcast on radio stadtfilter. with tropical continent he and his friends cultivate equatorial rhythm patterns that we already got in touch with in 032-0912... - the show is escorted by chief upholsterer greg who repapers parts of tree park studio walls with photographs we fabricated during 038-0313.
on saturday may 25th 2013 in berne/capital of switzerland
9'930 sunday's children were (officially) celebrating peace, happiness & good music, while inacceptable violence, destruction & absence of culture happened on the fringes of this event: caused by (officially) 70 troublemaker.
in the mix: - PHREX (dubtopia; berne) - CUTKACHI (dubtopia; berne) - GUYUS (dubexmachina; zürich) - NEW.COM (dubexmachina, comfortnoise; zürich)