- breakstep - total playing time: 1h/11m/18s (mp3/320kbs/165mb) - compiled & mixed by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zh/switzerland) - published on october 6th, 2015 over www.comfortnoise.com - hand crafted w/ 100% vinyl → tracklist (txt-file) → soundcloud link → alternative server download (→ use right click & "save as....")
- neo grime, quirky dub & skillful noise over 2h/08m/40s - by remo bitzi (zweikommasieben; luzern) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zh) - streamed on august 23rd, 2015 @ international radio festival, irf 2015 (zürich) → full timecoded tracklist (pdf)
remo bitzi is one of the masterminds behind swiss magazine zweikommasieben. since the summer of 2011 the publication has been devoted to the documentation of contemporary club culture. the magazine features artist interviews, essays and columns as well as photography, illustration and graphics. in addition, zweikommasieben organizes concerts, parties, club nights, matinees, raves and other fun events in various cities. – the second host of the special radio show at this year’s irf, new.com, is the author of the column “basslines“ in zweikommasieben magazin. he runs the blog comfortnoise & dubexmachina - featuring podcasts, mixes and club events. he used to produce a radio show for long-gone but legendary zurich record store p45. we’re expecting two hours of most interesting content and music way off mainstream.
...from digidub over bass music & dancehall to roots reggae.
- reggae dub - total playing time: 3h/19m/29s (mp3/320kbs/470mb) - mixed by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zh/switzerland) - hand crafted w/ 100% vinyl on july 17, 2015 @ exil, zürich - in order to download these files use right click & "save as"
- bass heavy dub - total playing time: 1h/21m/17s (mp3/320kbs/190mb) - compiled & mixed by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zh/switzerland) - hand crafted w/ 100% vinyl - published on www.bassmusik.ch on july 16th, 2015 → tracklist (txt-file) → soundcloud link
- ambient afro dub over 2h/38m/34s - by lcp (luana rec., re:st; bern) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zh) - video live streamed on saturday november 29th, 2014 over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf)
our friend lcp (luana rec., re:st - soundcloud) from bern has been chasing records for one and a half decade now, and there seems to be no end in the foreseeable future. always into the cushy mind bending stuff, he’s also a part of the semi-monthly radio show “unerhörtes - ungehörtes” on radio rabe. a broadcast that takes care of anything experimental or rather unusual. besides spinning weird sh*t on the radio, he tries to support artists and feed their respective fans with the two small labels "luana records" and "relationreset" a.k.a. "re:st". - this edition of our podcast will be literally home-made; a quiet and decent completion of a busy and moving year 2014!
- bass music & beats over 3h/9m/17s - by dj snobo, bombey & selffish (rasols; riga, latvia) - hosted by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zürich, switzerland) - video live streamed onoctober 17th, 2014 @ kkc (riga, latvia) over livebeats → soundcloud link → fb-event
still homeless, we travel in order to produce our upcoming podcast and stream this show live from a club event at the kaņepes kultūras centrs (kkc) in riga/latvia. we proudly feature our good friends from the rasols collective: dj snobo (blog - soundcloud), bombey (samurai) & selffish (soundcloud). these three artists are hailing from this great baltic town and are deeply rooted in its thrilling cultural scene as producers, djs, promoter & music critics: vanguard connoisseurs to the core! with gosh aka dj snobo, we produced in 2008 the gorgeous p45 radio may-08-show (>>> download - playlist). alongside bombey, we played anno 2009 @ space:garage, during an unforgettable stay in riga. finally, selffish contributed in 2010 a brilliant & still very popular liveact in comfortnoise podcast 004-0110. - plenty of years, persistent quality, steadfast friendships!
- techno/acid - total playing time: 1h/26m/21s (mp3/320kbs/200mb) - compiled & mixed by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zh/switzerland) - published on september 22th, 2014 over www.comfortnoise.com - hand-crafted w/ 100% vinyl → tracklist (txt-file) → soundcloud link & alternative server download (→ use right click & "save as....")
comfortnoise ploy is live sonic carpet weaving somewhere between dubtechno & dub at its roots: with two turntables, a microphone, a legendary vintage roland space echo re-201, an elektron octatrak sampling/ sequencing device, a multi-band radio, a dub siren & other useful gear to do the dub. comfortnoise ploy is operated by xeed (dj), new.com (dj), iyah ranx (singer/mc) & rjega (echo master/effect device manager).
- deeper houss music over 2h/49m/03s in a collaboration w/ zweikommasieben magazin (luzern) - by guy joshua (zweikommasieben; luzern), simian keiser & marc d'arrigo (schall & rauch; berlin/zürich) - hosted by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zürich) - video live streamed on saturday july 12th, 2014 over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link
this show is a special event, because we're streaming inside a collaboration with our good friends from the zweikommasieben magazin - live from a cozy living room in the middle zürich! the printed & now bi-lingual (e/ger) swiss zweikommasieben magazin is devoted to the documentation of contemporary club culture since summer 2011. it features artist interviews, essays & columns as well as photography, illustration & graphics. additionally, the collective of friends behind this project organizes infamous concerts, club nights, mantinees and other fun events. the sounds of this show are delivered by the dj-duo simian keiser & marc d'arrigo from schall & rauch (berlin/zürich - soundcloud, tumblr) and guy joshua (zweikommasieben; luzern). these tree artists are closely connected to the zweikommasieben magazin: not only as djs but also as authors, photographers & interviewees.
tracklist 01 - 000:05 - midnight riders - me a no gunman (version) - tasha 02 - 002:13 - junior peterkin/the idrins - babylon take i down (version) - idrins 03 - 005:26 - nitty gritty - morning train - progressive int’l 04 - 008:29 - white mice - roots music - intelitec/basic replay 05 - 011:57 - robert lee/high times band - leader (version) - fishtea 06 - 015:16 - king kong - i nuh cry when a soundboy die (version) - black solidarity 07 - 016:54 - natural vibes - live inna prison no nice - blue mountain 08 - 020:05 - andrew bees - struggle & strive (computer version) - new name muzik/deeper knowledge 09 - 023:06 - tonto irie - ram up every corner - jammy’s/dub store 10 - 026:09 - carl meeks - red eye lover - redman/dub store 11 - 029:47 - prince jammy - synchro start - greensleeves 12 - 031:49 - king kong - can’t ride computer - jammy’s/dub store 13 - 035:47 - nitty gritty - meck dem come - music master 14 - 039:18 - prince junior - crucial boy (version) - jammy’s/dub store 15 - 042:39 - eccleton jarrett - rock them one by one - jammy’s/dub store 16 - 045:40 - nitty gritty - butter bread (version) - jammy’s/dub store 17 - 047:38 - junior murvin - jack slick - jammy’s/dub store 18 - 051:16 - teddy irie - we rule the border - harry j 19 - 054:38 - white mice - try a thing (version) - intelitec/basic replay 20 - 057:41 - tenor saw - ring the alarm (hip hop mix) - techniques 21 - 060:44 - johnny osbourne - chain robbery - jammy’s/dub store 22 - 064:17 - tonto irie - life story - jammy’s/dub store 23 - 067:27 - wayne smith - icky all over - jammy’s/dub store 24 - 071:48 - super black - one time girlfriend - jammy’s/dub store 25 - 074:57 - banana man - musical murder - jammy’s/dub store 26 - 078:05 - wayne smith - in thing - jammy’s/dub store 27 - 082:09 - don papa & submarine - come 2 gether - sex tags amphibia 28 - 085:58 - thriller u - ragamuffin jammys - jammy’s/dub store 29 - 089:50 - junior reid - don’t stray - live & learn 30 - 093:47 - junior murvin - make it and set it - taurus/digikiller 31 - 097:39 - wayne palmer - yu nu remember (version) - redman/dub store 32 - 100:48 - andrew bees - militant - basic replay 33 - 104:41 - ackie - call me rambo - heavyweight/dug out 34 - 109:38 - king kong - try not i (version) - conscious music/dug out 35 - 112:11 - nitty gritty - hog in a minty - jammy’s 36 - 115:21 - the determination/fire house crew - settlebad boy (version) - london jam 37 - 118:50 - white mice - youths of today (version) - intelitec/basic replay 38 - 121:43 - noel phillips - living in the ghetto - jammy’s/dub store 39 - 125:01 - junior murvin - super powers - live & learn 40 - 128:23 - jerry johnson - tempoexplosion (tribute to prince knight) - black victory/dug out 41 - 130:55 - jah warrior - heartical dub - jah warrior/dug out 42 - 133:06 - diggory kenrick & tapes - pipe cleaner - meeuw muzak
- bass(techno|dub)music - total playing time: 1h/55m/13s (mp3/320kbs/260mb) - compiled & mixed by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina, bold; zh/switzerland) - published on december 3rd, 2013 on www.comfortnoise.com - hand crafted w/ 100% vinyl → tracklist (txt-file) → soundcloud link & alternative server download (→ use right click & "save as....")
tracklist: 01 - 000:00 - fis - homologous 01 - void coms 01 02 - 005:54 - akkord - torr vale - houndsthooth 15 03 - 012:03 - ernest ranglin - earth sound - earth sound 01 04 - 014:29 - cos tafari - binghi - i negus inri 7001 05 - 018:11 - strategy - return from the stars (pev's jerky rmx) - idle hands 21 06 - 022:53 - unknown artist - waveshape - 1xa 03 07 - 027:49 - //no - untitled a - hidden hawaii sub 04 08 - 034:01 - steve o'sullivan - inside out - sushitech 26 09 - - - - - - - sagat - intruder - vlek 13 10 - 040:55 - akkord - compound - houndstooth 05 11 - 045:51 - hodge - tonda - deadplate 04 12 - 049:54 - dark sky - shades - 50weapons 24 13 - 055:36 - brunks - untitled b2 - brnk001 14 - 058:44 - batu - stairwells - cold 02 15 - 062:28 - commodo - straight reptilian - deep medi 71 16 - 065:51 - radial - 1980 - mord 01 17 - 069:42 - unknown - we can not see - the weevil neighbourhood blindfold12 18 - 075:12 - new york transit authority - off the traxx (catch that train) vip - lobster boy 05 19 - 077:50 - //no - untitled b2 - hidden hawaii sub 04 20 - 082:46 - ghostek - vampires - sub squared 01 21 - 087:16 - culture freeman - negus special - dreadrive 02 22 - 089:32 - coal - potassio - gravite 04 23 - 092:58 - stone edge - untitled b1 - hidden hawaii sub 03 24 - 097:38 - adam marshall - heavy metals - new kanada 44 25 - 103:35 - these hidden hands - ivy (vatican shadow rmx) - hidden hundred 01 26 - 108:12 - james ruskin - what falls to the ground - jealous god 02 27 - 113:08 - stone edge - untitled a2 - hidden hawaii sub 03 28 - 114:52 - steve o'sullivan - untitled loop f1 - sushitech 26
- dubtechno +++ over 2h/42m/46s - by comfortnoise ploy (djs xeed & new.com, mc iyah ranx & echo master rjega; zürich) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on sunday november 24th, 2013 over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link
comfortnoise ploy plays out what comfortnoise passionately pursues since ten years: bass, drum & time. echo, reverb & space. loops, patterns & decoration. 7", 10" & 12". strength, warmth & muddiness. berlin, kingston & the marquesas. prince jammy, king tubby & queen pomaré. ishmael, queequeg & ahab. kea, etua & matahoata. – comfortnoise ploy is sonic carpet weaving with two turntables, a microphone & a roland space echo re-201: ardently operated by djs xeed & new.com, mc iyah ranx & echo master rjega. join the flow!
>>> join us @ klubi alongside eli verveine (tardis records; zh) on saturday december 7th, 2013!
- from rocksteady into cranky electronic over 2h/45m/27s - by uhuruku (zh) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - w/ special performance by upholsterer greg (zh) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on sunday september 15th 2013over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link
with uhuruku (zürich – blog, secret thirteen)
we have an as original as unpredictable music lover, dj & producer in our show. his background includes dj krush, king tubby, the doors, sun ra, cypress hill, bob marley, pink floyd & miles davis …as well as studies in ommunication, film, social and economic history. moreover, he declares the good old cassette tape to his preferred sound carrier! as he recently explained that his ideal listeners should be able to keep their eyes and ears wide open and find “beauty in a sea of ugliness”, we’re nothing than nosey how his obscure, cranky sounds from the fields of techno & house will smell! – new.com’s warm-up seamlessly shifts from rocksteady to dub into digi-dub
& early dancehall, while greg in the background prepares to
upholster the wall of our studio with the photographed vinyls from recent
- foundation dubstep over 2h/37m/25s - by taiken (tengu collective; st. gallen) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - w/ special guest brainfart (streetartist; zh) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on friday august 23rd 2013over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link taiken (tengu collective; st. gallen - blog, soundcloud, facebook) is a dj, producer and soundsystem operator who shows us his personal gems in the realm of vintage dub and advanced dubstep. in order to properly evolve his trademarks bass, drums, space, roots & future, he founded the "tengu collective". this crew of skilled enthusiasts domiciled in st. gallen built the highly praised "tengu soundsystem" (pdf-info, in german): it's two bulky towers of powerful, bass-heavy loudspeakers that can be assembled either on out- or indoor dancefloors and guarantee a sonic experience that is quite unparalleled. actually, one day after this show, this soundsystem can be witnessed at zürich's first dubtopia edition, within a collaboration among the tengu collective, dubexmachina and our much-loved bernese dubtopia-friends phrex & cutkachi! - again, we welcome a streetartist that paints live on the walls of our tree park studio during this show: it's no one else than brainfart from zürich!
we apologize for a couple of dropouts in the audio-track at the beginning of the videorecording. additionally, we're sorry that youtube blocked this video in some undisclosed countries because of copyright issues.
- bassline variance over 2h/38m/21s - by dubdave (biel/bienne) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - w/ special guest tofu (streetartist) - live streamed outta tree park studio on friday july 5th 2013 over livebeats → full timecoded tracklist (pdf) → soundcloud link
dubdave (biel/bienne - soundcloud, facebook) is djing & producing since a long long time. his homeland
is the bilingual & multicultural small town biel/bienne, where a lot of prolific
producers, djs, promoters live. dave is part of the hiphop combo selladoor (soundcloud, facebook)
producing the somewhat obscure "backpacker hiphop". albeit he is coming
from hiphop, he has a most solid anchor in dubstep and contemporary
bass music, playing countless sets on many different occasions in the
past years. be prepared for an as eclectic as wise selection of dope
basslines! - streetartist tofu paints live on the walls of our tree park studio during this show!
- tropical & soulful house over 2h/44m/56s - by rumory (beatpirates, tropical continent; zh) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - with special visual performance by greg (tree park; zh) - live streamed outta tree park studio on friday june 7th 2013 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
rumory (beatpirates, tropical continent; zh) is an unusually wide experienced swiss dj that presents us his blend of caribbean clubsounds and soulful house. he's part of the famous beatpirates (see 025-1111) as well as lethargy crew and runs a monthly broadcast on radio stadtfilter. with tropical continent he and his friends cultivate equatorial rhythm patterns that we already got in touch with in 032-0912... - the show is escorted by chief upholsterer greg who repapers parts of tree park studio walls with photographs we fabricated during 038-0313.
- from rocksteady to bass music over 2h/40m/57s - by lil'ziska & r-kive (dubtings; nuremberg, ger) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - live streamed outta tree park studio on friday may 10th 2013 over livebeats - w/ special guest oibel1 (streetartist; zh) → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
in this show we finally welcome lil’ziska & r-kive (dubtings; nuremberg, ger)! they form a congenial team by curating the gorgeous dubtings series at k4 in nuremberg, where the dxm soundsystem recently spent one of their most frolic nights ever. lil’ziska is an expert for rocksteady, ska and early reggae-dub; each time responsible for opening up the dubtings-crowd. r-kive's (soundcloud) turn comes later. he’s a most authentic and reliable campaigner in the matter of heavier basslines, currently enjoying a second career as dj and radio host. deep-rooted in drum’n’bass and basically techno informed, there’s no surprise that he’s playing around with contemporary productions in the field of dubstep and bass music with perfect ease. we’re nothing than happy to present the true dubtings-spirit in 040-0513! - during this show, streetartist oibel1 (zürich - blog, facebook) will perform live on the walls of tree park studio!
(sry, this videorecording is blocked in some countries due to copyright issues - you probably can avoid this restriction by using the unblocker addon)
tracklist 01 - 00:00 - dr. alimantado - poison floor (intro) - keyman 02 - 00:15 - king tubby & the aggravators - ruffer version - soul jazz 03 - 03:41 - michael prophet - you are no good (version) - jah guidance 04 - 07:03 - winston hussey - ghettoman problem (version) - live & learn 05 - 10:34 - little john - false news - channel one 06 - 14:11 - devon russel - famine time - globe international 07 - 17:46 - midnight riders - posse form a line - channel one 08 - 21:25 - mc woner - nuh fire it - channel one 09 - 24:52 - king tubbystyle - dub forward - south east 10 - 28:13 - scientist - burn them - hawkeye 11 - 30:16 - joe gibbs - satta massa gana (version) - greensleeves 12 - 33:18 - the upsetters - brad draw - clocktower 13 - 36:29 - jackie mittoo - disco jack (version) - lee's 14 - 39:33 - leroy smart - mother liza (version) - fe-me-time 15 - 41:58 - joe gibbs - he prayed (version) - greensleeves 16 - 44:28 - billy boyo - dreadlocks party - channel one 17 - 47:41 - al campbell feat. general lee & trinty - jah a me right hand man - high power music 18 - 50:47 - dr. alimantado - best dressed chicken in town - keyman 19 - 53:26 - roots radices band - whip them - flabba sounds 20 - 56:39 - ranking joe - step it down shepherd's bush - greensleeves 21 - 60:04 - barry brown - warmonger - flabba sounds 22 - 63:19 - roots radics band & jackie mittoo - dub a dub - greensleeves 23 - 66:18 - patrick andy - leave the door - channel one 24 - 69:25 - frankie paul - that love - channel one 25 - 72:31 - patrick andy - don't worry yourself (version) - channel one 26 - 75:53 - spiderman - eagle special - leo 27 - 77:48 - milton henry - no dreams - wackies 28 - 82:18 - desi roots - weed fields - hawkeye 29 - 85:01 - johnny osbourne - love is international - jah guidance 30 - 87:53 - barrington levy - send another moses - volcano 31 - 91:16 - the shades - wake upon the wind dub - darker shades of roots 32 - 94:28 - horace andy - serious dub (a) - wackies 33 - 99:54 - maytones - who can't hear must feel - commanda music 34 - 02:17 - jackie mittoo - wall street pt. 2 - white 35 - 05:33 - dadawah - run come rally - wild flower/dug out
- obscure/dubtechno/deephouse over 2h/33m/31s - by dj alæ (neighborhoodstunts; basel) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - live streamed outta tree park studio on friday april 19th 2013 over livebeats - w/ special guest sierpinski stvan triangle (streetartist; zürich) → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
dj alæ (neighborhood stunts; basel - soundcloud) belongs to the highly active players in the cultural sector of basel.
besides djing he's in graphic design, hosting radio shows on the local
& independent station radio x and runs a podcast series called neighborhood stunts. coming from hiphop & breakbeats, dj alæ finally fell in love with house & techno. no matter what sound he promotes, the sound carrier of choice is strictly vinyl. his dj-sets therefore transport a particular awareness of quality that we share: welcome to the comfortnoise podcast! - in this show we as well welcome the streetartist sierpinski stvan triangle (zürich - facebook) who paints live on the walls of our tree park studio!
watch how sierpinski stvan trinangle's painting arises while dj alæ & new.com are spinning:
- dub'n'bass over 2h/34m/39s - by orson (version, studio 111a; düsseldorf) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich) - live streamed outta tree park studio on friday march 22nd 2013 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
studio 111a düsseldorf meets tree park studio zürich! our good friend orson (studio 111a; düsseldorf - facebook, soundcloud) is coming over to dub out another session with us (see 017-0311)! orson is running an own label called version with up to date three awesome releases. as a dj,
orson is remarkably versatile: enjoy his rootsy vibes, solid basslines and deep
grooves. - both orson & new.com will continue the same night @ dxm flipsides(longstreet bar, zürich) from 00 to 04am!
watch orson & new.com dribbling the 7 inches (sry, this
videorecording is blocked in some countries due to copyright issues -
you probably can avoid this restriction by using the unblocker addon):
- soulhouse - total playing time: 1h/35m/50s (mp3/320kbs/220mb) - compiled & mixed by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh/switzerland) - published on february 15th 2013 www.comfortnoise.com - hand crafted w/ 100% vinyl → tracklist (txt-file) → soundcloud link → alternative server download (→ use right click & "save as....")
tracklist 01 - 00:00 - intro 02 - 00:18 - norken & deer - september that feeling (dürerstuben rmx) - laut & luise 02 03 - 04:46 - chasing kurt - getting ready (kurts dub) - organic 05 04 - 08:32 - ivano tetelepta - 113 - fear of flying foflp1 05 - 11:59 - shyam - untitled b2 - rawax 10.1 06 - 15:53 - 6th borough project - the fool - delusions of grandeur 18 07 - 22:04 - unbroken dub - how slow can you go - rawax 05 08 - 28:12 - fresh & low - dream - foul & sunk 02 09 - 30:35 - metasound & lucius14 - dust bites another one - o*rs 1800 10 - 37:00 - black dynamite - block a - fear of flying fofltd09 11 - 40:20 - daphni - yes, i know - jiaolong 05lp 12 - 43:48 - ted pilsner - cosmic bunt - red motorbike 04 13 - 47:49 - captain planet - honey (cp’s sticky sweet talkbox fetish mix) - bastard boots 05 14 - 52:27 - ywd - tool 3 - ywd 01 15 - 54:54 - black dynamite - mother’s love - fear of flying fofltd09 16 - 58:19 - ivano tetelepta - 112 - fear of flying foflp1 17 - 61:42 - burning tears - just the same - luv shack 03 18 - 67:04 - 6th borough project - endless nights - delusions of grandeur 18 19 - 72:44 - lee webster - spend all her money - hot waves 03 20 - 78:35 - polar lights - leary - pro-tez 21 21 - 85:19 - schatrax - aliena’s journey - fear of flying fofltd10 22 - 89:43 - maayan nidam - harmonious funk - cadenza 79
- lo-fi dub over 2h/45m/09s - by d_u_bioslive (tree park; zh) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - w/ special guest robi the dog (streetartist; zh) - live streamed outta tree park studio on friday february 1st 2013 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
greg aka d_u_bios (tree park; zh) is a music
lover that over many years almost clandestinely has been working on his own
dub-based sounds. it's therefore an exquisite moment to welcome him in 037-0213 to present his live
performance! besides his passion for dub and dubtechno, greg is part of
comfortnoise as initiator of the famous tree park studio, curator of
the streetart part in our podcasts and last but not least an indispensable technical
wizard. see comfortnoise podcast 016-011 to warm up for this one! - during this show, the incognito streetartist robi the dog (zh) will work on the walls of our studio:
- house | techno || dub over 2h/41m/11s - by luki (lovestream; zürich) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh)
- w/ special guests snyr & osrok (streetartists; zürich) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on friday january 18th 2013 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
as a dj, producer, radio host and
promoter, luki (lovestream; zürich) approaches electronic music in a flamboyant earnest
manner. different than lots of his colleagues, he perfectly knows how to
concentrate his skills and energy on the spot. in this show he's showing us his conception of how current electronic music, club culture and modern information technology (should) fit together. we're once again featuring different artists that match their skills into a unique audio-visual experience: on one side we have luki & new.com dj-ing for comfortnoise podcast while on the other side the painters/streetartists snyr & osrok (zürich) are in the very same moment shaping the walls of our studio.
- dub/ukhouse/deepdubhouse/acidictechno over 2h/45m/31s - w/ special guest elf (streetartist; zürich) - by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on friday december 14th 2012 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
welcome to the next step at tree park studio! today we present a special guest who is a streetartist: elf (zürich; facebook). while elf is creating her painting right on the wall of our studio, new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) presents music that is concerning him beside the dxm sounds (see 034-1112):
bass driven house music and slightly acidic techno. once again we're
taking you on an extraordinary audiovisual journey - don't miss to join
and chat with us directly on livebeats!
- bass music in da true dxm style over 2h/32m/50s - by dxm soundsystem (aka guyus & new.com from dubexmachina; zürich/switzerland) - video live streamed outta tree park studio on friday november 23rd 2012 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf) → soundcloud link
starting with p45 radio july-08-show, and doing 008-0510 as well as 023-0911, the sound of dxm soundsystem (aka djs guyus & new.com; dubexmachina, zürich/switzerland) underwent quite some changes. this is not least the effect of 5 years of promoting and clubbing with dubexmachina: so many good friends, interesting artists, mindblowing records, and controversial discussions about the evolution music and club culture! this show presents what we currently carry around in our record bags: we call it bass music, and we love it!
additionally this show opens a new era for comfortnoise podcast. for the first time we're streaming from tree park studio, zürich/switzerland. witness from now the development of our own studio: it's all about the highest achievable sound quality, the trailblazing streaming technoloy of livebeats, and of course: a perfectly matching visual appearance in a pleasant surrounding for our guests and friends!
- detroit influenced electronic music over 2h/40m/42s - w/ garçon (traxx up!; basel) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich) - video live streamed on friday october 26th 2012 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf)
- ...let it flow ...it's for those who know ...how low can your speakers go? - dubtechno & bass music
- total playing time: 1h/46m/54s (mp3/320kbs/250mb)
- compiled & mixed by new.com (comfortnoise,
- originally published on october 13th, 2012 on q-lounge & diametral network
- hand crafted w/ 100% vinyl
→ tracklist (txt-file) download of the "wealth of bass mix" by new.com (→ use right click & "save as....")
- electropical music over 2h/35m/04s - by tillup (motherland, tropical continent; zh) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich) - video live streamed on friday september 21st 2012 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf)
radio live stream on thursday september 6th 2012 from 8 to 12pm @ radio stadtfilter, winterthur for robots and humans hosted by santstrahl (styptic, shift&tab); check on fb - 8-10pm: HEPP (hula honeys, spezialmaterial; zürich) - 10-12pm: DXM SOUNDSYSTEM (guyus & new.com; dubexmachina, comfortnoise; zürich)
- compiled & mixed by dxm soundsystem (guyus & new.com) - recorded on friday july 13th 2012 w/ 100% vinyl @ comfortnoise basscamp, zürich/switzerland - streamed on thursday august 9th 2012 @ irf international radio festival (london olympics pop-up edition) >>> get the full tracklist as a pdf here >>> soundcloud link
- wonky, abstract, beats, drums & basses over 2h/31m/54s - by dj shoudelistix (st. gallen/switzerland) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich) - video live streamed on friday july 20th 2012 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf)
dj shoudelistix (soundcloud, facebook, mixcloud; st. gallen/switzerland) went through drum'n'bass, hiphop and digital mixing until he (re-)discovered his passion for abstract, instrumental hiphop and vinyl. of course, we always gladly promote vinyl - but in fact never had particularly this sound in our show. therefore we are as happy as greedy to welcome dj shoudelistix. he comes with a heavy heavy bag full of acoustic pearls, profound scratching skills and naturally a well formed sense for correct basses. whatever kind of story he will tell us, we're ready!
here's the entire videostream of comfortnoise podcast 029-0512 including a detailed playlist:
- visualized techno/bass/house over 2h/40m/43s - visuals by vj inxile (vj union australia; melbourne/australia) - sounds by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich) - video live streamed on friday may 11th 2012 over livebeats - original blog entry with the mp3-download & playlist here
- electronic deepness over 2h/41m/34s - by manuell maschinell (zürich) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich) - video live streamed on friday june 15th 2012 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf - according to the mp3-file)
manuell maschinell (blog, soundcloud; zh) is an unusually busy dj and electronic music lover, playing mostly in clubs in zürich and berlin. after delivering 65 “monday-mixes” with chillout, electronica and techno from 2009 to 2010, he’s now co-hosting the show “active beats” on radio stadtfilter (on air & internet). as a convinced traktor-dj, manuel explores what is possible by means of modern technology. he appreciates the possibilities of realtime sampling, looping, tinkering, layering and filtering - thereby creating his own plot lines or even his own music. like with all our guests, we’re giving him completely free hands musical-wise and are curious where his own music (or technology?) will take him!
here's the entire videostream of comfortnoise podcast 030-0612:
- visualized techno/bass/house over 2h/40m/43s - visuals by vj inxile (vj union australia; melbourne/australia) - sounds by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich) - video live streamed on friday may 11th 2012 over livebeats → MUSIC: full timecoded playlist (pdf) → VIDEO: full timecoded playlist (pdf)& youtube link comfortnoise features for the first time a video jockey that illustrates one of our podcasts: vj inxile (vj union australia, blogspot, facebook_1, facebook_2; melbourne/australia) is into the visual business since years and looks back on a long row of varied artistic events and collaborations. having her roots in switzerland, she currently lives and works in melbourne where she decisively pursuits the formation of the australien vj scene. during her stay in europe this spring/summer, she vjs at several events and attends a worldwide vj conference in rome. simply gorgeous that she joins us at livebeats’ studio in order to live-perform her art while new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich/switzerland) is playing a dj set in 029-0512! it’s going to be a uniquely visualized travel into bottom rock techno, bass music and deep house.
here's the entire videostream of comfortnoise podcast 029-0512 including a detailed playlist:
- bass music over 2h/55m/05s - by nik! (hula honeys; zürich) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zürich) - video live streamed on friday april 13th 2012 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf)
nik! (hula honeys; zh – soundcloud, discogs) has found his very own style in electronic music. as dj and producer he loves to deal with heavy basslines by oscillating between tradition and innovation, crossing the vast fields of bass music, d’n’b, hiphop and reggae, back and forth. together with his mates soult and random bit generator he runs the label "hula honeys". their releases never serve actual trends but provide tracks that you have to discover and love by yourself. you meet nik! on all kind of national and international stages. what he actually favours are the secret places where people trustfully open their ears to the over and over astonishing blends that he performs. the same we do in comfortnoise podcast 028-0412.
- deep house - compiled & mixed by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh/switzerland) - total playing time: 2h/01m/51s (mp3/256kbs/225mb) - published in april 2012 on www.comfortnoise.com - hand crafted w/ 100% vinyl → tracklist (txt-file) → soundcloud link
- juke & bass music over 2h/38m/02s - by hood regulators (global ghetto anthems, korsett; luzern) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - video live streamed on friday march 2nd over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf)
- gritty fidgety bass music - compiled & mixed by new.com (dubexmachina, comfortnoise; zh/switzerland) - total playing time: 1h/26m/07s (mp3/256kbs/162mb) - published in december 2011 on www.dubexmachina.ch - 100% hand crafted w/ 100% pure black f***ing vinyl → tracklist (txt-file)
- captain's bass over 2h/33m/31s - p.bell(beatpirates; zh) & new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh) - streamed on november 25th 2011 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf)
press "play" & wait a few seconds: here we are!
p.bell (beatpirates; zh - facebook) is the long-serving captain of the infamous beatpirates dj crew. since years he plays a crucial role in zurich's underground not only as a dj but also by weekly delivering an essential schedule for electronic music events, by belonging to the crew of the celebrated annual lethargy festival and last but not least by running his own radio-show on audioasyl. as it is expectable for a veteran like him, his musical interests are widespread. for comfortnoise podcast he has been digging predominantly for the bass in order to present us his own interpretation of bass music. welcome!
- strictly dubstep over 2h/34m/34s - mixed by cutkachi, phrex & flowtune (blazin dubz; bern/switzerland) - presented by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh/switzerland) - streamed on on thursday october 27th 2011 over livebeats → full timecoded playlist (pdf)
- wicked basslines over 2h/35m/01s (mp3/224kbs/260mb) - mixed by dubexmachina soundsystem (djs guyus & new.com; dubexmachina; zh/switzerland) - streamed on thursday september 15th 2011 over livebeats - see also guyus in the interview here → full timecoded playlist (pdf)
- yeah, this is techno: like heavy stones rolling through floating water - compiled & mixed by new.com (comfortnoise, dubexmachina; zh/switzerland) - total playing time: 1h/35m/18s (mp3/256kbs/175mb) - published in september 2011 on www.comfortnoise.com - 100% hand crafted; containing 100% vinyl → tracklist (txt-file)